Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Devotion overload

Every morning my inbox is filled with various e-devotions that I try to read each day. Some I make a point to always read and others I skim through if the topic strikes my fancy. I don't know if any of you subscribe to Proverbs 31 Ministries (if you do not, I highly reccommend it!) but one of the women who writes a blog shared some really encouraging words to her readers about her struggles with food. Even though our problems may be different, we all can get consumed with food and the thin ideal. Lysa says:
"Getting thin wears thin as a motivational factor. I even used my faith as an excuse. When getting thin was my only motivation, I felt good in saying, "You know, it's really kind-of vain to even care what my body looks like. I think it's more Christian to care about the inside not the outside."
And my favorite line:
Sweet sisters, God made us to consume food.

He did not make food to consume us. Like Deuteronomy 2:3 says, “You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north."

I love this scripture...there are so many things in my life that I just need to get over and turn to God. I need to let go, and let God be in control. Thanks Lysa for sharing! Visit Lysa's blog!
XOXO,
JM

1 comment: