Sunday, October 11, 2009

Headlights...

Tonight, my Mom and I had the most horrific encounter. Today we spent the day with our dear friend Tracy (you must attend Sew Simply Academy if ever in the Asheville area!) and on the way home while traveling down the saluda grade, I saw headlights coming straight at us! There was a car going south in the northbound lanes of interstate 26. God was looking out for us because luckily there was no car in the right hand lane so I was able to swerve without hitting traffic. My mom and I both almost were sick to our stomachs...
On the way home, I realized that only by the grace of God were my mother and I (and Lola too) alive. I also started thinking about how quickly our lives can be taken away. One minute we are laughing and singing to the radio, while the next minute it could disappear in an instant! We need to cherish each moment we spend with our family and friends. I am so thankful that we made it home safely and also grateful for moments that remind me to count my many blessings.
XOXO,
JM

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooo! That is soooo scary!!! Praise the Lord you three are fine and yaya for celebrating LIFE! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete