Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Double Doozie

I'm back again today! I have to share what I just stumbled upon. Girls on the Run is an amazing non-profit organization for girls ages 8 to 13. The goal of the program is fewer adolescent pregnancies and eating disorders, less depression and suicide attempts, and fewer substance/alcohol abuse problems and confrontations with the juvenile justice system. The program encourages girls to develop self-respect, a positive body-image, and a healthy lifestyle. Even though I am a little out of the age range, sign me up! Next event in Spartanburg is November 14th at Converse at 10am. Who wants to run with me?


2 comments:

  1. Hey! My name is Molly Barker and I am the Founder of Girls on the Run. Thank you so much for the nice mention.

    While you don't qualify (because of your age) to participate in the program, you would qualify to coach. Based on what I've read here, the girls would adore you!

    Consider coaching as an option?

    ReplyDelete