Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Fat Talk Free" Week



Get ready gals..."Fat Talk Free" Week 2009 is coming up! During the week of October 19th-23rd, Tri-Delta and AED unite for my most passionate cause! The week is a body activism campaign that draws attention to body image issues and the damaging impact of the thin ideal on women in society.
Everyday I struggle with the image I see in the mirror. I want more than anything to promote positive body image and self-awareness to girls of all ages. Even though my poor self-image has had devastating effects on my life, I want to make a difference by putting an end to the "thin ideal" that is portrayed in the media, celebrities, and the pressures put on women to look a certain way.
Join me in the fight and pledge for if only one week only to end FAT TALK!

No comments:

Post a Comment