Monday, September 7, 2009

Forgiveness

"I have chosen the way of truth; I have set Your ordinances before me."- Psalm 119:30

In Betty Moore's devotional book Breaking Free Day by Day, September 7 states this:
Sometimes we're very aware of tolerating or even fueling a lie. Other times, we are caught in such a web that we can no longer see ourselves or our situations with any sense of accuracy. It's not always clear when we're being deceived, but one sure sign is when we ourselves are beginning to deceive. All you have to do to locate Satan in any situation is to look for the lie. How do we recognize a lie? Anything that we are believing or acting on that is contrary to what the truth of God's word says about u is a lie.

Today I am asking for forgiveness for the pain and hurt I have caused someone. Lies are deceitful and only cause harm to yourself and others. I am so thankful for today's devotion and for the ways in which God works by providing us with all of the answers to our many questions.

1 comment:

  1. You are just a sweetheart. I love Beth Moore's devotionals. Isn't it great with you read something applicable to exactly what you're going through!? I heart you! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete